Today I finally had time to clear up and clean my workroom and it made me realize that it had been a long time since my last post.
So a little update on what has been going on is in order.
The first item is a new notebook I made for my nephew. He is training for a 1/8 triathlon, so he needs all the encouragement he can get.
The next is a gift for my sister. I needed 26 colors to embroider a celestial design on fabric with a sort of eggplant color.
Then I made this into a pouch with a cotton lining.
Up to now I usually hesitated to machine embroider freehand. Although I’ve quilted quite a lot, this was something that seemed out of my reach.
But as it usually is, just try and make a lot of mistakes, and then at some point. I will kind of get the hang of it. I won’t show all the experiments.
This little girl is world famous (and now I see it without her balloon this picture seems very wrong)
Using a light box I sketched it on the fabric and started embroidering. With the feed dogs down, I moved the fabric under the needle, with black thread ‘painting’ the picture.
I think it worked out pretty well, except for the nose, that will need some extra work.